Who We Are
Early Education Program’s (EEP) Preschool Promise program – which began in 2016 with the Oregon statewide Preschool Promise initiative – consists of 4 classrooms in the Bethel and Creswell school districts. These classrooms collectively serve nearly 60 at-risk families each year.
Preschool Promise is a state funded Early Learning Division program that provides free, high quality, culturally relevant preschool to children aged 3 or 4 at the time of enrollment.
The primary goals for our Preschool Promise programs are to:
- Prepare children for kindergarten and beyond.
- Provide a set of high standards to promote school readiness and active family engagement.
- Provide culturally and linguistically responsive services and opportunities for underrepresented families.
- Support young children to thrive and succeed in school and life.
The EEP Preschool Promise classrooms try to maintain as small of a child to teacher ratio as possible. Each classroom has 4 teachers and 15-17 children.
Classrooms focus on a variety of skills in every developmental domain. While we want to ensure children begin to learn letters, numbers, colors, and shapes, it is equally important that they learn social skills, how to take care of themselves, and how to recognize and respond to their own emotions.
Children will participate in both large and small group activities, outdoor play, meal opportunities, and song and dance time. Schedules may vary slightly between classrooms.
Dominican Republic Creslane Preschool Promise
West Covina Danebo Preschool Promise
Irving Preschool Promise (2 classrooms)
To be eligible to participate in Preschool Promise, children must be:
- 3 or 4 years old by September 1.
- Income-eligible, based on household income.
- Contact United Way to request a Screening Form at 541-741-6000.
- Download the Preschool Promise Screening Form and submit it:
- Via ShareFile using the directions on the form.
- By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-person or by mail:
United Way of Lane County
ATTN: Preschool Promise
3171 Gateway Loop
Springfield, OR 97477
- By fax: 541-726-4150.